Tire Storage in Nelson, British Columbia
If you are like most of us in the Kootenays you have a second set of seasonal tires. Handling and storing those extra tires in the off season can be a real pain. They are heavy, dirty and they take up valuable space in your garage, if you’re lucky enough to have one! It is important to store your tires properly to be sure their appearance and performance is not compromised. If you are in Nelson or the surrounding area, Downtown Automotive can store your tires in a clean, dry environment and keep them safe.
Why have two sets of tires?
Although all-season tires are advertised for all four seasons, they are not very functional for the winter season, particularly in places where there is a lot of snow. When the temperature drops below 7 degrees Celsius, the grip on all-season tires start to diminish.
Winter tires have grooves that move away slush and snow, and have lots of sipes in the tread that improves grip and keeps your vehicle from hydroplaning. These tires also improve the driveability of your vehicle and reduce braking distances. This will keep you safe even when driving on slippery surfaces.
Why should I store my tires in a facility?
Whether you drive a Ford, Toyota, Subaru, or Honda, you don’t want the quality of your tires to diminish if you leave them outside unused. If left out for a long period of time, cracks can form on your tires, heavily impacting their performance. At Downtown Automotive in Nelson, we will inspect each of your tires for uneven wear or damage, clean and dry your tires and remove any debris before we store them. Our tire storage facility is very clean and free from gasoline, grease, solvents, oils and any other substance that could corrode the rubber. We service all types of tires and know exactly how to care for whatever tires you use for your vehicle.
Here are some benefits to leaving your tire storage needs to Downtown Automotive in Nelson:
- We are your one stop shop for all your tire needs. We will let you know ahead of time if the tires in storage need replacement. We can provide your regular servicing, maintenance and repairs at the same time as changing your tires.
- Imagine never having to haul your dirty tires around in the back seat or trunk of your car! Or having to lift your heavy truck tires just to have them flopping around in the bed on your drive to the shop.
- Our secure storage is under 24/7 surveillance so you know your tires will be there when you’re ready to put them on.
Your Knowledgeable Shop for Tire Storage
If you are having an issue with your brake system, Downtown Automotive in Nelson is your place to go. Our owner Doug and team of highly skilled technicians have decades of experience and are experts in automotive maintenance and repair, including brakes, mechanical and suspension repairs, and tire storage. We’ve been servicing vehicles since 2007 and are trained to take care of your vehicle, bumper to bumper. Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- We have a free local shuttle to get you where you need to go if your car is in our shop for an extended period of time.
- We offer a courtesy car if you need it.
- Our services come with the best warranty in the industry.
- We believe in complete transparency when it comes to your vehicle, you are in control.
- Our digital inspection system gives you all the information