Do you love working with your hands, enjoy being part of a great team, knowing your customers by name?
Do you go out of your way to make sure that every customer has a positive experience and gets the best service possible?
At Downtown Automotive we’ve built our reputation on just that. Whether we’re servicing domestic or
import, compacts or pick-ups, our commitment is the same – we offer the best customer service available.
We’ve been in the business of providing top-notch service and skill for over 15 years, and we want you to join us.
Automotive Service Technician
We are currently looking for a service technician who has worked on a variety of vehicle makes and models. Whether you’re an apprentice or journeyman, we want someone who is committed to continuous learning, and who is passionate about being an early adopter of new trends, procedures, and technology. You are highly reliable and honest, and are always taking the initiative to learn, develop, and grow. You are comfortable with multi-tasking, and work well under pressure to meet multiple demands, and you have great communication and teamwork skills. To be great at this job, you are:
- Customer focused – you not only understand what the customer wants and needs, but you go above and beyond to deliver.
- Ethical and respectful – your focus on customer satisfaction drives you to always offer the best solution for them.
- Positive attitude – your positive, empathetic attitude makes your customers feel comfortable, taken care of, and glad to have chosen Downtown Automotive.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Vehicle inspections
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of shop and tools
- Be aware of parts stock levels, and reorder when necessary
Working @ Downtown Automotive
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Salary range varies
depending on your level and experience, anywhere from $12.50-$35/hour, and includes a full benefits
package, vacation, and bonus structure.
Working here also means experiencing all the benefits of living in Nelson – phenomenal access to every
winter sport, incredible summer’s full of camping, fishing, and hunting, and a laid-back lifestyle.
- In the field experience as an automotive service technician
- Experience working on import and domestic light trucks and cars
- Certified to perform government inspections an asset
- A comprehensive tool set in excellent working condition
- Basic computer knowledge, and comfortable using technology (iPads) on a regular basis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Red Seal certification as an automotive technician is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a
resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and
should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in
and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier
through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Link for application: